Option for One-step Task Assignments/Delegation via email
This enhanced “delegation” feature would have the to-dos work similar to the 'like' function. If you press "to-do" it gives you the option to select a due date, quick reply, priority and contact/assignee. After completing these fields, boxer auto-forwards the email and then files the “to-do” to a folder of your choosing (to-do, archive etc). The due date is kept as a reminder to check back in.
- one-step to-do delegation using a similar menu to the existing “to-do” menu
- Option to add a 'quick reply' message before the assignment along with a default "so-and-so sent you an action item" message (the way the “like” function works)
- Selecting a contact/assignee forwards the task via email. This “auto forwarding” function can be turned on/off
- Option to customize “priority” headings in the menu (can be set to text, numbers or tags vs 1-5)
- straighfoward and faster for users (delegate > find email again > add to to-do list)
- can be used in conjunction with other task apps that allow inputs via email (even gmail, wonderlist, etc etc).
- helpful for users that prefer to manage their to-do lists outside of email.
Stephen Crofts commented
A great idea, currently the to-do's lacking alarm notifications and true personnel assignment function means they are nothing much more than a folder sorting option. Let's make it a real to-do function.
This doesn't work!! Help! I've tried adding the email of a contact via the android version and it simply doesn't allow it. Either fix the bug or stop wasting my time and money!