iOS Feedback

Welcome to the iOS feedback forum! This is a place to request and vote for new features that you want to see added to Boxer. You can also report bugs you are seeing and vote on those as well.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom flags

Imap servers supports currently-defined system flags (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-2.3.2) and often custom flags/keywords (http://deflexion.com/2006/05/server-side-message-labels). Also Desktop mail clients like Thunderbird or MailMate can read custom flags.

Is it possible or even planned to implement such a custom flags-„managment“ in Boxer?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pull avatar from domain apple icon

Many domains have an apple icon defined on there website index page. Other email programs I use pull the icon for the avatar when others aren't available. This is a much better solution that your database of avatars for companies as there are many smaller companies not in your database.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. automatic disable url links with php redirects

To prevents users from clicking on url redirects that use php script to create a fake website to siphon off bank account details and passwords, detect the code and automatically disable the link in the email.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Decoy password for specific accounts

f you could add in the future an option to enter a decoy password to show only a specific accounts it would be simply the BEST!!!
    that way we can simply choose which accounts will show with the real password and which accounts with the decoy password.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Empty trash/spam shortcut

There should be a button placed somewhere in the trash/spam folder that when pressed permanently deletes all the mails in the trash folder. Currently I have to select every mail in the trash and then perform batch delete action on them. It would be a great convenience. May be it can be put somewhere on the navigation bar of trash folder or in the sidebar menu.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for attaching pages numbers and Keynote documents. Document picker does not allow this.

Selecting attachments does not allow attaching anything except textedit docs. Not sure why

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto Swipe

The swipe feature could be extended by an "auto swipe" setting where one would set a default swipe action (for a sender's email address) and boxer would execute this swipe automatically in the future.

This is a fucntionality I found very useful in the "Mailbox" app. The user would execute a swipe action but hold the swipe button and not release it. The app would then come up with a list of mailboxes and the user would choose the default mailbox for the sender's email address. There should be an option whether an auto swiped email shall be marked as…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable instant search

Live search results show up as you type in the search bar. This causes major performance issues on iPhone 4S. Pressing a button to execute the search based on the entered criteria is a perfectly good mechanism.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save picture avatars after update

With each boxer update I get to go back and select picture avatars again. Gets kind of old with each update having to take the time to change the avatars from company's that don't get loaded automatically.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Select photo for Avatar opens a 'Photos' screen in portrait orientation

Selecting a photo to be used as an avatar takes me to a 'Photos' screen, but that always opens and stays in portrait orientation, even when my iPad Mini is in landscape position.
    I expect the screen to appear in landscape orientation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Text size increase in landscape mode

With this new version, the font rendering has improved for which I'm happy. However, when switching to landscape mode the font size aught to increase and it doesn't.

I can understand if this doesn't occur with some html messages that enforce font size and type, but it shouldn't be the case for messages that don't.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sunrise calendar integration

Two great apps that deserve each other

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Poor spam filters

The spam filter seems very poor. I get about 40 spam emails a day' put them in the spam file but they still keep coming from the same people

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Subject line often garbaged in Japan

utf16le is not so popular for mail subject encoding format.
    In my understand, utf8 is popular for subject encoding with i18n support.
    For example, iPhone Mail app and Gmail choose utf8 instead of utf16le.

In Japan, utf16le encoded subject often garbaged.
    All of japanese feature phones supports e-mail but the mail client supports local charaet only.
    So all of japanese mobile careers provide transcoding mail encoding service to avoid garbage.
    However the transcoding services do not suppot utf16le.

I understand that this issue is not a bug of Boxer.
    I hope you will consider changing subject encoding for Japanese users.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Still no support for SMTP servers that have no authentication

My ISP only allows me to use their SMTP server when I am connected to the Internet at home. As a result it requires no password authentication, as my ISP knows that I have connected securely through my router. Boxer does not allow me to set up an account with a SMTP server that doesn't require a password. I know it's possible as the native Apple Mail app allows me to do so. I complained about this oversight well over a year ago, and was assured that it was high on the developers list to fix. Now, several iterations later,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix battery usage to match Apple email app

I've been using mailbox for long time. I'm running ios 8 beta, with the new feature "battery usage". I discovered that boxer use 50% of the battery! I delete boxer.
    What a difference!...
    Fix this please

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. accept or decline calendar from non-default account

I have three email accounts (Personal, Work, and Shared).

Currently my personal email is the default account. I want to be able to accept a calendar invite from the non-default account.

For example, a colleague sends me a business invite for a meeting, I want to be able to accept the invitation from my work, not my personal account.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Name in list from Contacts

With iOS 7, Apple's Mail.app (on iPad) added the ability to display the sender name not as they configured in their own email settings, but as we have it written in our Contacts file for the person.

Two examples:

• My friend bob has his email name configured as "bob jones". In my Contacts for him I have his name capitalised. In the mail list for Apple Mail it displays his name as "Bob Jones" (pulling from Contacts), but in your app it displays as he configured, as "bob jones.

• One of my students has her name configured as "tomoko36478". In…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Saving email to Evernote

Emails saved to Evernote are missing critical information. There is no sender, recipient, email title or time and date. Only the body of the email is saved, which I don't think is sufficient.

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No detailed information in push-notifications when password protected

Please add an option to suppress detailed mail information in push notifications when the password protection is enabled.

When the password protection is on, I want the mails to be private and not popping up with information on the sender etc. in my lock screen. Instead, only a message like "a new mail arrived" should be displayed.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

iOS Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base