In Boxer, there are many different places avatars can be pulled from.
To change an avatar, please take the following steps:
1. Select an email from the contact whose avatar you would like to change
2. Once in the message, tap their name or email address. This will take you to the profile card.
3. Tap "edit" on the avatar when you're in the profile card to edit it.
4. A menu will appear asking which avatar you would like to choose for this specific contact. Some of the options include Facebook and Default. There is also a camera icon in the top right corner of the menu which will allow you to either take a photo or choose one from your library.
5. Select which avatar you would like for that contact and it will save automatically when you exit the profile card.
There are also options for different default avatars. To check these out, please go to Settings. Tap on "More" under the "Mail" section, and then tap on "Default avatar".
A menu of options will appear which include:
-a silhouette image
-sender first name initial which appears in all different shades of blue
-sender first name initial in all kinds of different colors