How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Allow the body of the received mail to be edited before replying or forwarding

There are any number of reasons why someone needs to edit parts of a received email before replying or forwarding to others (privacy protection of sender info, delete private notes added by previous sender, trim extraneous portions to shorten/focus the message, remove header from previous mail for aesthetic and other reasons, respond to questions point by point inline in the previous email, or to add one's own comments to those of others point by point inline). I can do this on virtually any PC platform. No reason why the developers don't allow this to be done on the mobile platform, as if there is something 'holy' about the received message. I often find myself giving up on the Boxer/smartphone platform and going back to the PC to handle many of my emails because of this. Shame as this is basic functionality, not like all the nice-to-haves in this app.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    U Sahgal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eddy Witkamp responded  · 

This has already been possible since the beginning; just press the Respond Inline option while composing your reply.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Clive Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BUT Respond in line puts lots of carets before every line, how can we remove them?

Feedback and Knowledge Base