How can we improve Boxer for Android?

I can not open any of my emails

account is synced with my gmail and shows new emails and so on. but when i click to read them, screen "flashes" like its trying to open the email then goes back to inbox screen......

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a nightmare, my One+ was the best phone I have ever had and then I upgraded to lolipop with this piece of **** mail agent, same thing, all the sudden out of no where, a week into Lolipop and now none of my emails open out of 4 accounts from 4 different providers. This upgrade single-handedly made the best phone I have ever had, the worst phone I have ever had. Congrats development team for pushing things out before they are ready and then offering a beta that is probably really an alpha as a solution to the failure.. This mail client is a large part of the huge failure. I expect this from big money making corporate entities like Microsoft, not of opensource developers working for a better product more than they are working for a dollar.

• Gobius Dolhain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reinstalling the app did not resolve the issue for me, what's more, it does seem to work when creating a POP3 account with gmail credentials, just not with IMAP or with the gmail account type.
    Might this be a google privacy/security issue?

• Gobius Dolhain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running the 2.0 cyanogenmod version of Boxer and I suffer from the same issue, but only on my gmail account, when trying to open a mail, the screen flashes white as if it opened and tried to load the mail, then directly returns to the mailbox. This doesn't occur on the outlook account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base