How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Different notification icons for different accounts

As this idea didn't make it in the account color request I post this as a separate request.
When you have 3 or 4 different accounts set up they all appear as a white notification icon. I would like these to differ as it is impossible to see which account that received the mail. Best of all is to use the account color as in EE, and yes, I know Google doesn't allow any other color than white, but that is plain un-user friendly and not practical in this implementation.
To follow the Google guidelines you could set this as an option in settings.
Having mail accounts that I prioritize differently makes me irritated every time a mail is received and I have to unlock the phone and pull down the notification, just to check which mail account that received the mail.

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ola NygrenOla Nygren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My only real complaint about Boxer! All other e-mail apps I've used I can have my Gmail be Red and Yahoo, Purple and my private Gmail Green. Please add this feature request!

• Ola NygrenOla Nygren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a fair to expect an admin comment as this is one of the top requests that has not been commented by admin or planned.
        I wonder if you as admins/developers are satisfied with the way this is implemented when you have EE as comparison?

• Bjoern RegenbogenBjoern Regenbogen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has that idea an admin considered. For me, it would be important. Would just like to know whether there is hope that comes this. I use still EE.

Feedback and Knowledge Base