How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Problem with Gmail: Cannot sign into account

I keep getting an error message, saying I cannot sign into my Gmail account. After a few attempts to log in the message stops popping up and all e-mails are properly synced. Happens not every tome I start Boxer, but frequently.

All this on a Nexus 5 with Kitkat. Two-step authentification for Gmail.

Only happens with the Gmail account and none of my other mail accounts. I also run Boxer on a Nexus 7 and do not have the same problem there.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bobwien shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lloyd F. Tennison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get the error about ten times a day, and then a Google security error as it tries so many times in a row. I have to lower the security for Gmail, or all devices. including desktop, are locked out.

Google says that us caused by an old program or one that uses questionable security practices. But, that is probably just Google, as they say Outlook and Thunderbird have the same error.

• Arnaud Lejeune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure the fix is working: I do have a Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1 - Boxer 1.4.10, and I can't add my gmail account for Boxer.
    After I authenticated and I gave Boxer the authorizations, I had the message: "Impossible de contacter le serveur" (Can't connect to the server). Then, I am sent back to the welcome screen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Eddy,

I'm running the latest version of the App, and I'm still running into sign out, and sign in issues with my gmail account. This is a high frequency event.

ooops! I posted without having finished. sorry.

So, I'm getting "Can't sign in". I'm using Boxer 1.4.8 for Android on a Motorola Moto G with KitKat.
    I tried stoping the app, clearing the cache, turning the cell off then on... Same thing: " can't sign in "

but, Boxer still managed to receive and send some e-mails....

other than that, I'm still in love with Boxer ! :-)

• Hardeep Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Spoke to ISP and it looks like the app is overloading the server with requests. As soon I delete the account from boxer I have no problems signing in.

Same here.. Just bought the Pro + Exchange version today and I keep receiving alerts every few seconds that "Couldn't sign in" - Gmail. (I was using it just fine since the set up, few hours ago. HTC ONE m8

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem with Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1 / two-step authentication for Gmail - I've had to uninstall the app for the 2nd time, because it actually goes berserk with a rapid fire tone notification that it can't log-in. I set up the account 3 times, but the result is the same.

This is NOT happening on my iPad

• bobwien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After two days without any problems on the Nexus 7, I get the same error message on the Nex7 now too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base