How can we improve Boxer for Android?

In email list: Make sender BIGGER, subject SMALLER (or enable customization)

In the standard Gmail Android app I get a quick overview of my emails, with the most important information in BIG font: The sender's name. Email subject and start of email content has smaller font.

In Boxer, for some strange reason, the sender's name has SMALL font and the dominating piece of information on the list is email subject, as it is written with BIG font.

Who cares about email subject? The sender's name is much more important to get a quick overview. Please reverse the fonts used for those two fields, or include a possibility to customize these settings.

And, in general, fit more emails on the list by using smaller fonts (or enable customization), and reduce white space between text rows.

Even though I love the Swipe-to-Evernote and other cool features of Boxer, I am considering going back to the Gmail app because it provides a much better overview of the inbox.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Uhm...that's a pretty relevant piece of information...."

I do not agree. Most often the subject does not say so much. Anyway, the sender's name is FAR more important, for example when understanding priorities and quickly glancing what is newsletters, commercials etc. I do not say that subject should be removed, but it can be the same size as the preview body email text.

Generally, the subject is longer (thereby taking up more space in the current Boxer view) in commercial emails, and shorter in "important" emails (work, friends etc). So the commercial "****" mail is currently what gets the most attention in the Boxer view.

The lack of customization on this particular point is why I have went back from Boxer to the stock email (Gmail) app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slightly bigger font for sender OR..... in another COLOR ?
        Subject in slightly smaller font but BOLD !

Feedback and Knowledge Base