How can we improve Boxer for Android?

If the user has unlocked Exchange support let him add an Outlook.com or Microsoft account with EAS support to have push notification

By default Boxer uses IMAP to set up an Outlook.com account even when the user has bought Exchange support. Please add an option so we can choose to have a Microsoft account set up as Exchange to have the benefits of EAS like push notifications instead of relying on IMAP periodic sync.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ruben Alamina shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eddy Witkamp responded  · 

There is a Manual setup option now to add your Outook/Hotmail accounts as Exchange

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GerooTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also i would like to add my own domains that are hosted in office365 directly as an exchange accounts, which can not be done because they are treated as IMAP hotmail accounts

• GerooTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even the dirty way is not working now, it gives an error connecting to the server.

• Ruben Alamina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Mike, I thought I could do that but knowing that the "fake" address will appear instead of the actual name I will wait until proper support is implemented.

Eddy, you guys can get around this by allowing us to select Exchange or any other provider instead of just showing the email addrees field in the add account wizard. If the user knows, like Mike and me, we can select Exchange for Microsoft accounts. Once you have implemented the support you can revert to the wizard as it is now because if the user inputs a Microsoft account you can configure as EAS for them.

I look forward for changes on this. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

• Mike Wiegers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can get around this by adding a fake email address like test@test.com and then choosing exchange server as the type. You will then need to use the correct email address on the setup page and use m.hotmail.com for the server name. You can rename the account but it still shows the fake email address under the account name, I haven't found a way to change that yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base