How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Support TeslaUnread for the Nova Launcher

TeslaUnread shows unread counters on app icons for the Nova Launcher. I would love to use this feature also with Boxer.

385 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christoph KleineweberChristoph Kleineweber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have...as without it im still looking for my newton replacement

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty please, with sugar on top. This would be really useful and a bonus feature on top of a great app. Thanks

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got boxer email and after being very positively surprized by the great email program I saddly found out that the 1x1 widget doesn't show unread emails.

Please add this very useful feature to the amazing Boxer experience.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tesla after some houers, off notification bar watcher, on Galaxy S6 5.1.1

• Jerry C.Jerry C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one reason I cannot use Boxer email at this time (I paid for pro + exchange). I have many email accounts and without a widget to indicate which account has new email I have no way to determine which account to check. Opening the navigation panel on the left is no better. It lists all my accounts but does not tell which have new mail. I must select each account and click on inbox to see is new mail is present. Too many keystrokes to read my new mail. I am hoping for new features to arrive.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am testing out 3 different email clients right now to pick my favorite. TeslaUnread support is the only reason I am still testing the other two. If this app support it, it would be the clear winner

• Paul CPaul C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

K9 mail has the unread count on their widgets. I thought all email programs would have this.
        Seems like a no brainer and shocked that "Boxer" if it is that good hasn't already done this.

• mattbrewer13mattbrewer13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the fact that the Tesla Unread SO I had not been implemented. This would make boxer so much better than its current state that the notification watcher part of TeslaUnread mistress the notification count once any email shows up with a number in the subject.

Please take the time to implement the TU API I for us and make Boxer more awesome.

• Emma SummersEmma Summers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched to Boxer from EE due to factory resetting my S5 running Lollipop and having battery issues. Really missing the 1x1 widget with unread items count.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boxer is now the standard email client in Cyanogenmod 12. So pleas apply TeslaUnread Support for Boxer.

Now I an using temporally the Notification Bar Watcher but that's not working as great as real app support. As said before: wipe out all notifications resets the unread counter, and if I get multiply email at once the unread counters is set to 1

• Tim BackerTim Backer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should this request be combined with the Tesla Unread request (for higher vote count)? This request covers both issues.

• Tim BackerTim Backer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The solution for this could also be Boxer just adding a 1x1 widget with an unread badge. Just make sure that the 1x1 widget is formatted the same as the app launcher icon - I've seen to many odd looking 1x1 widgets because the icon is a different scale or position.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base