How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Rich text formatting

Can you add facility for rich text editing in compose and signature.
For compose , it should have
1. Bold, italic, color, underline
2. Bulleting, numbering
3. Redo, undo
4. Superscript, subscript

140 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    paras shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Boxer app is great except for how embarrassingly small the reply text is. To people receiving our emails, it makes us look stupid--like we don't know what we're doing. Until this gets fixed, I will find another way to reply to emails. How has this not been fixed yet? It's been more than 2 years...?

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if you can just change the current text to a larger font size so when reading these emails on your computer it doesn't look so different.

• Ahmad Ejaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been in gathering feedback since jan'15 . Is there any update if this feature is planned or evening worked on?

• Ankur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font size will help with emails and signatures
        Adding options to include logo images in signatures would also help

• Mansoor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

without this feature, I find myself pulling out my laptop and checking there...

Rich text formatting ability, it's about time Android allows emails to be sent with the ability to have some basic formatting options, plain text emails are just boring. bold, italics, underline, some color options, and some font changes should be standard in this day in age... when I send emails for work there is often times I need to bold, italics, change a color, etc... but cannot. which forces me pull out my laptop and reply, and leaving me to question why did I pay for boxer? I reply heavily on exchange emails, and boxer is one of the few apps that works really well with exchange. let's please add some rich text formatting.

I would like to see rich text and html formatting abilities for boxer on Android. I use boxer with exchange server and I wish I could just bold certain words... it's 2016 this should have been built in already.

• Rob Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely require fonts for both email composing and signatures. Currently arrives into outlook client as Times New Roman and HTML so unsure why there is a lack of font choice.

• seiferflo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 I'm quite surprised about this too.
        The default font is actually pretty small and that's an issue for me, mainly because it defers a lot from what I'm sending to my clients with Outlook (Calibri 10 vs Verdana 10.5) but also because it's too small.

The lack of formatting is actually more important than you may think because it's not even supported when drafting an email. Start Word, write some lines, put some formatting, copy, paste the text to Boxer and you end up with no formatting. IMOH, that's an issue, especially because it seems the emails we are sending from boxer are in HTML, not just Plain text.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this option I feel like I can only CHECK my email which is not enough, need to be able to send it, which requires proper formatting. please and thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need that badly! it's available for iOS, when you will provide for android????

Feedback and Knowledge Base