How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Integration of archive option in the notification area instead of delete/reply like in the original Gmail app (Android)

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    chrixmllchrixmll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my #1 issue with Boxer. Further, I use a smartwatch which gives me the push notification. I would like the notification to include an Archive option for those that live an inbox-zero lifestyle. I would prefer not to have to open up the app to Archive.

Cloudmagic (now Newton) implemented a menu which the options shown were customizable. This would be fantastic. Archive doesn't need to be the default, but we need a way to have it for our workflow.

• der-Danielder-Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Boxer,

love your app, but really miss a thing.
        When a new mail arrives, I can have a little preview in the notification center of android.
        I often get mails, that I can consider not readable, just in the notification center. Problem is, I have not change of archiving it right from there. I always have to click on it, in order to get a button, that triggers archiving.
        I would love love love to have a short cut right on the card saying "archive", so with out any time lost, I can just archive non-relevant emails right from a card.\

Cheers
        Daniel +3

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bumpity-bumpity-bump. The whole original use case of Gmail was to archive emails instead of deleting them, since you almost never have to worry about space and it has such a powerful search engine built in. Archive is almost always the action I want to take from the notification tray.

• Jameel Al-AzizJameel Al-Aziz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think customizable notification actions as Eddy mentioned would be great!! I would love to see have Delete, Archive, and Reply available as notification actions.

• Travis ParkerTravis Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched from mailbox because I need IMAP support, and I am *really* missing this. It's the most common thing that I do to emails, totally belongs in the notification.

Feedback and Knowledge Base