How can we improve Boxer for Android?

I get an internal error of the app on my gmail account

everytime I open boxer with my gmail account or I initiate a manual update of the inbox it reports an internal error and it seems that no push notifications are received. I see new mails only when I open the app and sync the inbox manually.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Fixed  ·  Eddy Witkamp responded  · 

This issue has been fixed and will be available in the next update to version 1.2

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey all, this works for me:

- settings
        - under account, choose "corporate"
        - choose the account giving problems
        - uncheck the box beside "email"
        - check the box again
        - restart email app

cheers,
        mark

• Tim Ziegler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fixed as in the update is available.... or when? If it's going to be a while, is there a work around?

After a while the internal error reoccured after I deleted an set up the gmail account again. So I followed the intruction to uninstall boxer and reinstall it. In the beginig everything was fine but now I again get the "internal error" message when I open or refresh the gmail inbox.

I just wanted to follow your advice and uninstall the app and reinstall it but I tried to remove the gmail account and readded it again and this was enough to get rid of the error. No more problems here with version 0.6.1 running one Gmail and one exchange account :-D

PS: I get this error since app version 0.6.1 (today's update) and in the meantime it appears that the missing push notification was a temporary problem. I just got some while the app was not running in foreground. But the error message refreshing the gmail account persists.

I am using a xperia z1 compact with Android 4.4.4 and an gmail account with two factor auth (doesn't know if this is a factor).

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base