Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminBoxer Support (Admin, Boxer) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damian Bourke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another issue I am experiencing with the colour coding is that the colours do not carry through from Exchange accounts into the calendar, so the colours in the calendar are totally unrelated to those in Boxer.

This was functionality in EE that I would have expected to be included when added to Boxer.

• Damian Bourke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree fully with @Ola Nygren on having colour coded notification icons. As an EE user this feature was invaluable. Boxer's main rival, Mailwise, has implemented this feature, but the rest of their app isn't quite as sleek as Boxer.

The Android guidelines are exactly that, guidelines, they are not rules that are set in stone.Surely functionality should triumph over a misplaced notion of aesthetics.

• Ola Nygren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Eddy
        Yes I know that. But in this case the icons are victim of design. The purpose of having four or more identical icons showing new mail (depending on amount of mailboxes) is rather uninformative.
        The color-code is the most wanted feature and you could still stick to the guidelines as long as you let the user select to override them in the settings by a tickbox with "Use colored notification icons". In this case I think the users can decide if the want Google's way of thinking or if they actually want something that works for a purpose.
        So please keep listening to the users and keep the things that got EE stand out of the rest mailing apps.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding the ability to select a color for an account. However, we are only given 8 colors to choose from. EE gave us 15. It would be nice if we can set any color we wanted.

And as Ola mentioned, would be nice if the notification icon match with the color selected. Having three white icons show up does not tell me which account the email is coming from.

Well, I can't see that this has been fully implemented in the Beta until the notification icons also is color coded. If you look at the comments this is an important part of this feedback.

• Brandon Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added 4 accounts and they are all different shades of yellow and orange. Look far too similar. Would really like to choose the color myself.

• TEK112 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see color notifications like EE, but also in the combined mailbox view I want to see color coding of the messages so I know where it came from at a glance.

• Jamie Presland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EE lets you:

1. choose the account sidebar colour
        2. choose the notification icon colour and
        3. chose the LED flashing notification colour

All would be nice.

Three white envelopes in a row don't tell me which of 4 accounts have mail.

My only work around is to disable the icon for 3 non-work accounts so I can at least see when work needs looking at.

Thank you

PS Very happy otherwise, 3 days in after years and two phones of EE

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have three gmail accounts, all of them in slightly different shades of red, and I can't tell at all which account a message is coming from.

It should pick the most distinct unused color available each time you add an account (maybe rainbow colors plus pink/brown/other distinct ones?) and it should allow you to change the color in the settings.

We got a new flashy notification icon in 0.6, but I was surprised that it didn't reflect the mailbox account color. It looks kind of stupid right now when I have three or four different mail notifications icons showing, all in white.

• Eric Hollebone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a feature in the EE Tablet version. I was surprised it was not carried over to the Boxer beta. Since the code is already designed, I am really hopeful that this feature will make it back into the product soon.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be a good idea to have the color code reflected in the folder list overview. More specifically the top level mailbox folder name, specifying your mailbox account.

• pim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boxer did pick some colors for me. But i got 2 exchange account and both are made blue (with a very small difference). so let me pick my own colors!

• Milamber33 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colour coding of the emails in some way, at least in combined view, would also be very useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base