How can we improve Boxer for Android?

Distinguish between folders with same name

Prerequisite : You have folders with same name, for instance you may have project folders (A, B, C...) and for each project there is a folder underneath (nested) named "Handled" or "Misc" or similar.

Reproduce : Select any mail and select label option, with goal of moving (or setting label) of the mail, to "Handled" folder of project C. Enter Handled in search field.

Current behavior : All folders named "Handled" are displayed. Their nested level is indicated by indent. However, it is impossible to determine which of the projects "Handled" folder is the for project C.

Proposal : Somehow enable user to distinguish between folders that have same name, but are in different places in the folder structure.

Possibe options include : (1) Allow user to long press and show full path in a menu or similar. (2) Show full path to lastly "touched" (checked or unchecked) folder in a line at bottom of folder selection dialogue. (3)... Et c

Thanks for reading, I hope this makes sense.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcus Widerberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...