How can we improve Boxer for Android?

No Email on certificate change

When changing the certificate of the imapd new emails could not be delivered anymore. Dovecot shows the following log:

Dec 1 07:25:08 localhost dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=remote_ip, lip=local_ip, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert cer tificate unknown: SSL alert number 46, session=<session_id>

After readding the mailbox to Boxer everything works fine again until the certificate changes again.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andreas Faye-Lund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certificates do change. And people have, like me, have private e-mail servers. I use lets encrypt, which changes certificates every three months. Please stop making me have to re-add the account every three months!

• Maximilian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certificats change from time to time, I should have a chance to accept this in Boxer, instead of beeing forced to readd a mailbox.
    And there should be a notice, that the mailbox doesn’t get any updates, because the certificate has changed: it just took me three days to figure out by accident, that one of my mailboxes weren’t updated anymore. And I had to go all the way to the account settings to get the notice, that the "PublicKey has changes since first connection" – please show this while update (or trying to update) the mails.

Feedback and Knowledge Base