Android Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make ability to change the app theme. Either create a set of different themes (black, dark gray, colorful, etc.) or allow user creations

Allow for much greater user customization in the appearance and feel of the application. A single color pattern makes for dissatisfied users

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. save attachments to Google drive like the gmail app does

Allow option to save to Google drive. At minimum there should be an option to specify save location. I have no idea where attachments get saved.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ban spam

Once I report an email as "spam", delete it, and make sure further emails from this sender will be trashed.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for calendar app of user's choice to add events to

In the actions menu, please let the users decide which calendar app to add an event to - some of us do not use the stock google calendar application.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eddy Witkamp responded

Try to clear the default actions on the Google Calendar app and see it that makes your custom calendar app come up.

7. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Separate Exchange sync window settings for email and calendar

Allow user to select different sync time windows for email and calendar (i.e. all calendar, 1 month email).

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search Exchange server for emails that are not synced

Currently, searching an Exchange inbox appears to be limited to only the emails that are currently synced on the device. It would be great if Boxer could search the server as well for any emails that may not have been synced but still match the search criteria.

Several other Exchange email apps appear to support this without needing to sync all emails.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No Email on certificate change

When changing the certificate of the imapd new emails could not be delivered anymore. Dovecot shows the following log:

Dec 1 07:25:08 localhost dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=remote_ip, lip=local_ip, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert cer tificate unknown: SSL alert number 46, session=<session_id>

After readding the mailbox to Boxer everything works fine again until the certificate changes again.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More granularity for e-mail retention interval

Presently, one can choose between All or 1 month for the longest intervals for retaining e-mails. Competing products allow a more granular choice, along with being able to enter a preferred range (e.g., 180 days).

1 month is too short; all is too long. This is an easy fix and makes the user experience considerably more friendly with respect to showing the right amount of mails, and not guzzling huge amounts of battery life to bring in all e-mails, when only a couple of months worth is needed.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. no passcode if device is passcode protected.

my device is passcode protected. all other email apps (nine, Gmail, blue mail) either do not ask a second time or else (nine) allow me to switch off passcode entry in this case. I would like the same for boxer.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. integrate ToDo List into Calendar

SInce in my OwnCloud Calendar a ToDo List is integrated, I would appreciate to get this ToDo List in Boxer Calendar while syncing my OwnCloud Calendar via CalDav (There is an app from Marten Gajda, who developed the CalDav Synch tool, which fits a lot of my needs, but runs completely autonomous)
    It would be very nice, to see at minimum the open tasks, which have a due date the next n days...

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. dashclock integration

Consider adding a dashclock widget for lockscreen notification

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accounts list empty (white screen), no accounts in settings, no body of email, crashes

After adding my 4th email account, I noticed a *large* number of bugs suddenly appear:

- Adding account hung on autodiscovery
    - Frequently, the sidebar is completely white (empty), showing no accounts, nothing!
    - Emails in a thread will be tappable but only to expand/collapse recipients, no body shown.
    - "Boxer has stopped"
    - Settings shows only General, Support, About, with no accounts listed

Some other weirdness... This is on the Pro+Exchange version. Happy to send logs, try betas, whatever.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to remove contact and calender options

I only use this app for my emails, I dont need or want the other options with the menu at the bottom taking up space, please allow me to remove those options.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Check Free/Busy from Exchange when scheduling

EAS 14.0 allows for a Free/Busy check. That is a wonderful feature that is needed.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Social Media Profiles

It would be great to connect with your Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin accounts and either be able to forward emails to them, or include links to your accounts (with icons) in signatures.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow to install new actions for swiping, for instance send to ToDoist, my to-do manager

any thing you can share should also be something you can set on the matrix of swipe actions. so I should be able to send an email to another app, by setting it up on the matrix. Also would be great to remove actions I won't use.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests - Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Android Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base