Android Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create a minimalist view for conversation list

it would be nice to have the option of viewing the conversation list in a minimalist style view with just the subject header, similar to the way EE is like. I tend to scan my emails and decide to open or not by the subject line. But in boxer, you only see 3-4 words of the subject in portrait mode. I find myself wasting more time opening emails that are not important since I can't see the full subject header. making it an option to remove the body preview and just showing the header would be greatly helpful.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. gmail says I'm not signed in, settings say: Authentication: 'signed in with google'

Since this morning (working yesterday) I get frequent notices that my secondary gmail (only 1 of 2) couldn't sign in. I click settings, go into settings, go into incoming and outgoing, and they both say signed in with google. I haven't changed password in the past day, and can login via gmail app just fine.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Fixed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for OWA account (Exchange 2000-2007)

Many companies (specially in old Europe) still have Exchange 2003-2007 and they allow only OWA access from outside of the LAN.

It'd be great to be able to use it @work.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 280 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Starred email on Gmail is not correctly reflected on Boxer

I have 6 starred emails on Gmail, but Boxer only displays two of them. In addition, when I try to "unstar" an email doing it from the message itself (tapping on the star) is worthless; the only method that works to do it is selectin email and tapping on "clear star" from the popup menú.

Note: "Flagged" emails from Hotmail (which in Boxer get a star) are correctly displayed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Fixed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark Theme

create more themes to select from within the app or release a developer api so that other people can create themes and release them on Google play.

420 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  26 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. calendar support for google app account

there is no option to sync calendar of Google apps account

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pebble app

this would obviously be a long term goal, the Android app should obviously be finished first, but it would be good to see an app for the Pebble smartwatch at some point.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manual configuration of email accounts

What i would like most of all is to see some kind of manual setup button when adding an account. If you hunt around online, you can find exchange activesync settings for hotmail, which allows push emails from hotmail, and which i have been using in EE, but because it's a hotmail account boxer just auto fills all the server settings, and they're different enough to prevent me from changing the settings manually after account creation.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. settings > 'swipe actions' should have a back arrow

All the other settings have a back arrow as part of the top bar except 'swipe actions'

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Single pane when in portrait on tablets

Shouldn't the UI change to single pane mode on a tablet when rotated into portrait orientation?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
    Android 4.3

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The Reply all Icon is Shown over the Name & Date of the Email

When I set the default to reply all, the reply all icon is shown over the name & date of the email. When the option is unchecked, it works fine.

Using Galaxy s4 on 4.4.2.

See attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Fixed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Fixed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alias support

For Gmail and Outlook and probably imap accounts, add the ability to send messages using a server confirmed alias. Bonus points for auto loading the account aliases that are defined for Outlook and Gmail.

686 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  61 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meeting Invite does not indicate it's an invite and does not include date/time of meeting (Exchange)

In the Inbox, there is not indication the email is for a meeting invite. For example, other programs will have a calendar icon (e.g. EE).

Also, once I open the email I must click on the "View in Calendar" button to find out which date and time of the meeting. Other programs (e.g. EE) provided that information in my time zone in the email.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Conversation contains email not part of the conversation

I have a conversation that is not grouped correctly. In Boxer, it says there are 11 in the Inbox list view. When I open the conversation, the email that is first displayed is not even from the same conversation.

In Boxer, the conversation is "Re: CAD Manager Client Installer Build Errors". Below is a list of the emails with there subject lines.
    1. Jeff - "RE: Proposed CRT Modifications" (inbox)
    2. Lou - "RE: Proposed CRT Modifications" (inbox)
    3. Jeff - "RE: Proposed CRT Modifications" (inbox)
    4. Ben - "RE: vrR warranty tickets" (sent)
    5. Elisa - "RE: vrR warranty…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Fixed  ·  Eddy Witkamp responded

This issue will be fixed in the next release 1.2. We have confirmation of our Beta testers that unrelated merges are no longer a problem.

18. [Exchange] Inbox unread email count includes count of unread items in Delete Items folder.

My corporate inbox shows item count for items that are not in the inbox. Inbox items are all read and an unread count number remains listed for the zero Inbox, the count number is that of unread emails that are in Deleted Items folder, sent there by a Rule to move there based on sender.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Emails not Displaying from my Exchange Account

Very strange. This morning I saw all my emails from my Exchange account. About 30 minutes ago, I'm only seeing one email from July 8. For July 9, I current have 9 emails. For July 8, 51 emails.

As I was writing this, I received a new email. It showed up in the list, but when I clicked on it, Boxer crashed.

And I was writing the line above, I received another new email. It also showed up in the list and the same thing happened where it crashed Boxer. The messages says, "Unfortunately, Boxer has stopped". It has two…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Fixed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Missing Emails from Hotmail Account

I was comparing my emails in Boxer against what is listed in the browser. I found two emails that were missing in Boxer. Both were from the same recipient with the same subject line, but one was on the 7/2 and the other on 7/3. I also have other emails with the same recipient and subject lines, and they are shown in Boxer.

The only difference I can see at the moment is the one's that show up are in the same day as opposed to the ones missing are on difference days.

Let me know what additional information you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Fixed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Android Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base