iOS Feedback

Welcome to the iOS feedback forum! This is a place to request and vote for new features that you want to see added to Boxer. You can also report bugs you are seeing and vote on those as well.

How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! We built in the ability to easily mark a message as read or unread. More information on that can be found here: http://support.getboxer.com/knowledgebase/articles/317940-mark-as-read-or-unread

Unless we receive a large amount of feedback asking otherwise, we have no plans to implement a setting for this feature since we feel the unread/read action is a sufficient workaround. Thanks for your feedback!

2. Pinned labels

Please consider adding the ability to "pin" certain labels to the top of the labels list (ie. above "smart labels"). This way certain labels are always immediately accessible without a lot of scrolling.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! Boxer has an algorithm for “smart labels” that will allow the most used labels to stay at the top. You also have the ability to search for a folder or label (search bar is at the top of the label-picker), that would allow you to avoid having to scroll through all of the labels. Because of these two workarounds, we likely won’t be implementing the ability to pin a label at any point soon. Thank you for your active interest, and please keep the feedback coming!

3. Change smtp for GMail, etc.

At the moment it's not possible to change the outgoing server credentials for Gmail-Accounts.
    This should be possible.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make To-Dos sync with Gmail Starred

Many of us use gmail's stars when on the web app to mark something as a todo. It would be great if boxer had an option to make the todo and starred one and the same.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to select default account for ALL replies and new messages.

Currently, replies go out from the account receiving the email. My request is to be able to specify that ALL replies, no matter the account receiving the message, go out under the DEFAULT account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Exchange 2003 Server support

Not every company has the latest and greatest. Please add 2003 server support.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, Microsoft no longer supports Exchange version 2003, which makes it extremely difficult for us to support this version. 2007 and later are supported however, and will continue to be supported.

7. Be able to toggle signature on and off

When I use my work email within the company I don't want to include the signature because it just clutters up the thread. But when sending emails outside the company I do want the signature there. Right now the only way to do that is to always have the signature on and then manually delete it when I don't want it. A button to toggle it on/off would be much more convenient!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have gathered feedback and put some thought into this, but the requests for this have not been high enough for us to implement this in the immediate future. Deleting the signature, or using the quick response action (like our friendly user commented below) are both workarounds for this in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestion! We may be able to revisit this in the future.

8. Shake to undo.

If you didn't had the time to click on the banner a shake to undo would be appreciated.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting idea, but we don’t plan on doing this anytime soon. We are only able to display a single badge count, and having a combination of ToDo and unread messages could lead to confusion. We may be able to revisit in the future. Thanks for your suggestion!

10. 107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With Apple’s recent announcement about allowing support for 3rd party keyboard apps with iOS8, we have decided to wait on this integration and use our resources towards other new features that will not be provided by the iOS update. Thanks for the suggestion, and please keep your feedback coming!

11. Long press hold and drag to reorder for any label, inbox and stars

Wrike has a great algorithm for this. learn from Mailboxes mistakes. The star list should be one list to rule them all. Moving in any label list should affect all the others no matter how drilled down or how far zoomed out. This same reordering could work for due dates and priorities. Due dates click and drag like Appigo ToDo does it. MailboxApp just killed off stars. Here's your chance to show us why stars are essential by making them the master list across all labels! Perhaps talk to ActiveInbox and sync with their chrome extension for gmail. Then you…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While this is definitely a neat idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to some users, we prefer to take a stance that allows users to decide which workflow suits them best. Some users use stars and flags extensively, while others never touch them. We don’t want to force any workflow, so we’ll be declining this one for now. We may be able to revisit in the future though!

12. Use Dropbox without opening the DB app

It's really annoying!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, there is no way for us to do this. Dropbox has certain specifications that we must abide by in order to keep the integration with them. I can see how it would be much easier to use without opening the DB app, but unfortunately it isn’t possible.

13. Menu swipe gesture

It would be cool, if the default iOS left (corner) to right gesture open the menu.
    It is much easier and user friendly than touch the menu button every time (on the upper-left corner) when I want to open and close it.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add own notification sound.

Add own notification sound.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, after looking into this, custom sounds set by the user is allowed by Apple. We do plan to add in even more sound options in the future, but I’m afraid we’ll need to decline this one for now until Apple changes their policies and allows us to include this.

17. Sync favorite users between IOS address book and Boxer

If you mark a favorite in IOS address book, It should become favorite in boxer and VV.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. can we change colour of entire app to different colour

customize options....colour change and font size and font type

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, but we will need to decline it for now. This would take a great deal of time to implement, and the volume of requests for it is not quite enough to warrant the time and resources. We may be able to look into it again int the future.

19. Better UI and workflow to switch between inbox and todo list

Having to open the side bar and switch to dashboard to view the todo list is not very user friendly. Tabs on the main screen would be nice. I use an app called Planner plus and they do this very well. Something like that would be nice.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to see unread badges next to my corporate Outlook folders

I want to see unread badges next to my corporate Outlook folders

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, we do not have a way to do this without slowing down the app. If we do get a lot of demand for this in the future, we will open this request back up. Thanks so much for reaching out!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base