How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Sync IMAP updates to server immediately

When I move/read/delete emails in Boxer, the changes aren't pushed back to the IMAP server until I close Boxer and open it up again. Then they are pushed and sync across other devices. Very annoying as its an extra step when I read my email on multiple devices. I end up reading each message multiple times which goes against the quick inbox sorting idea of Boxer. Thanks!

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear,

connected to this issue: i don't like boxer running in the background and draining my battery. However, when I open the app, read some mails and delete them, I want boxer to push these events to the server.

It would be nice if you could make a setting for this situation: not syncing when closed/in the background, only (but full) syncing when opened.

Thx a lot,

Maarten

• natasha.murray@theentertainer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is top reason I don't think I can keep using this app on my work phone. I have my bosses email also set up and the changes and actions I do are not reflected quickly enough. I was trialling it over outlook and apple mail.

Feedback and Knowledge Base