How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Minimal or less bulky Avatars

This app is great but the avatars are way to big and not consistent with the overall look. Please add an option to delete the big Square with the text in it or make them smaller.

131 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hans Maters shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I don't like the avatars, as 75% of the time they are irrelevant of the sender.

• Michael Kupietz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, get rid of these. They're totally useless. You don't need to take up space to show me the first letter of who is sending me the email. I can see it already in their name, thank you.

• Dan Gagliardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. The avatars are distracting, don't add any value and take up unseeded space. Would prefer an option to hide avatars.

• Mirko Unipan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The funny thing is that under Settings->More you have an option to set avatars to None, but this just doesn't work. If you select None, it will work the same way as the Silhouette option. God, I would love to be able to turn those avatars off!!

• Larry McJunkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Boxer, but having these gigantic avatars forced on me is making me stay with Apple's default mail, even though I am a registered Boxer Pro user. Please give the users a choice to toggle them on/off. Boxer is the best email client available for iOS but these avatars are nothing short of hideous.

Feedback and Knowledge Base