How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

I often find that certain Email threads won't update and I'm stuck viewing the spinning iOS wheel in the content area.

iPad mini 2
iOS 8.1.2
Boxer 5.1.2

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens in iOS 8.4.
        Compared to the standard iOS email client, the load times are significantly longer. I guess this is probably a related issue.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing with all my email accounts too. Sometimes the spinning iOS wheel vanishes right away, but other times it hangs around forever. Force quitting Boxer and opening it again typically results in the new messages being downloaded, but I shouldn't have to do that every 4ish hours.

• Chou Li commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like it's been in progress since January and still nothing, the app is expensive and if it does not do the most basic thing I need it to do, show me my emails, then what?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that Boxer is getting slower at managing my Exchange mail. Not sure why but opening mails takes an age and larger mails get stuck in the outbox. Needs fixing for me to stay with an otherwise great app.

The latest updates as of today still didnt fix this issue. All email received from Gmail Group is still loading forever.

I've noticed if I forward the email I can see text even when main message is still showing spinning wheel.

• Chip Montrose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem in my Exchange email account of endless spinning wheel during a content load. Restarting app does not help. Does not seem to be tied to number of emails in a conversation, but does seem to occur with specific email senders (although it is only ones within my organization and only a subset of those emails; no identifiable pattern).

I never had this problem prior to latest iOS update (ver 8.3). Makes Boxer dangerously unreliable for work unfortunately, so knowing the progress of the fix would be helpful.

• Theresa Vu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still an issue with my Exchange account. It's pointless to use Boxer since I can't read any emails. I paid for the app to use it for all of 1 day.

• Frank Bartels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was really the perfect mail app I had been looking for and I had no doubt to pay for it. But after a few months it became more and more unacceptable.

Mail folders are not updated for weeks, some others are. You never know if you see all the mails or not...that's the basic functionality of mail apps, isn't it?

Forgot to add that restarting the app is a workaround for this issue, but it's annoying to do so.

Feedback and Knowledge Base