How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

HTML Signature Improvements

I see this topic as highly desired in the forum and marked as completed by the developer but when I try to add my commercially designed HTML signature, which includes an image, a simple paste into the signature field does not produce the desired result. Enabling HTML and drilling into the rich text options also don't address the issue. Has anyone else had success or is this still an unfulfilled wish?

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark Alberhasky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thomas Partsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue might be embedded images. I tested several signatures with embedded images like described here: stackoverflow.com/questions/1207190/embedding-base64-images and with images as external resource. When embedding the images boxer pro seems to replace all special characters of the base64 encoded image binary with their html representation. As instance a & becomes a &amp ; and so on. That breaks the image. Also boxer pro seems not to care of the width and height tags of an img resource. My images are 160 pixel in the width and height and I scale them down to 80 pixels in the html signature. Boxer pro shows them as 160 pixel and not 80 Pixel. I hope my investigation helps.

• Evtimov.gd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, same problem.
    We need to have a row with buttons as font, color, bold, underline, big/small text settings, etc...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CloudBacko pro is software for back up and recovery. Now we don't have to worry about the loss of data, because CloudBacko pro software provides full recovery of data. Its very easy to use, It provides free space for making the back up and no installation required, CloudBacko pro  requires only common web browsers to run.. So try it today!!!!!

• Bobby Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got the app today, images in signature not working for me either. Choose option to allow HTML but it won't save, automatically reverts back.

• Chris Ferebee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to use a custom, hand-coded HTML signature and need to enter the HTML code directly, as roundtripping through RTF destroys the finer points, e. g. the CSS background image.
    Anybody who wants to use a custom-designed HTML signature would be well served by a way to enter raw HTML.

Feedback and Knowledge Base