How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

HTML mail panning and zooming is jerky and slow in the latest update on iPhone 6

After the latest update HTML mails became really slow, and panning around is jerky and not smooth at all.

The new logo is improved though!

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roberto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Rivet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm disappointed that this issue is still open and has been for over 1 year. As some that is looking for a replacement for Mailbox after the announced shutdown I've started using Boxer and it appears it could be a good replacement but this is a deal breaker and something that is stopping me from paying for the Pro version (and the fact that it has been this long and the issue remains doesn't make me feel good about how bug updates will happen in the future).

As has been mentioned previously, the jerky, slow, unusable zooming is a HUGE issue that I haven't seen in any other mail app I've tried. Also when viewing an email the padding on the sides should be removed...this is an email app and it should be using all the space possible to view said email.

Hopefully this get some attention soon...but based on this being open for over a year I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Alexander Dubatov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's really crucial bug for a paid app. I have maybe 50 productivity apps on my iPhone/iPad but nowhere I have seen such text zooming problems!

• Pratyush Tewari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still researching? How difficult is to remove the padding/margin from the page!

Come on guys! It has been 4 months!

• Thomas Lott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the problem has been going on for a while Is there a stays update on this problem?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mail refreshing, push notifications and zooming/panning on all mail types is incredibly slow/jerky.

Please fix it!

• Erik Flowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same. I am actually now using mailbox at the same time, trying to get used to it so I can transition over. This zoom/pan feature and the strange gutters around the email is a very poor experience.

Today to unsubscribe from an email, I had to zoom in to find the link. But boxer wouldn't let me pan to the bottom of the email; it was obscured by the app frame and I couldn't scroll more. Had to go unsubscribe from mailbox.

I've loved boxer for a long time, but this makes the most fundamental feature, reading email, the most aggravating part.

• Dawn Markley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just the 6...I'm using iPhone 5S with iOS 8 and this is a huge issue for me. Any email with a "template" is unreadable. I can't double tap to zoom in clearly and scroll cleanly. Instead, I have to pinch out to zoom and am unable to scroll through in any readable method whatsoever. If this isn't fixed soon, I'll be deleting the app. It's a total killer for me. Apple's generic email app is a much more pleasant experience at this point.

• Dirk DR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually it is unusable. I use cloudmagic as my main mail app until this fixed.

• Christophe Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had to change to default mail app because of the issue with zooming and lost space from borders. Please remove the border and fix zoom

• Dominique Da Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On iPhone 5 is the same. For me the last update are unusable in this state. Html Newsletter are unreadable and margins are inutile! Too much space lost! Panning and zooming is impossible. This app have good functionalities but the interface design and usability are horrible... Please fix this.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base