How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

No pin request for exchange accounts.

I have read a similar request but the reply must be for something different because I am also using Acompli with Exchange accounts and it does not ask me to use a passcode/pin. Looks like a issue with the way your app works.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gavin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminBoxer Support (Product Manager, Boxer) responded  · 

I’m afraid this isn’t possible due to our license with Microsoft. Mobile email clients that utilize a true ActiveSync license with Microsoft are not able to bypass the PIN code if it is enforced by the server. Doing so would violate our terms with Microsoft unfortunately.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Arie Friedman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I just paid for the app because I'm trying to be efficient, and the pin code requirements (no other exchange app requires this, provided the phone has a pin code) makes the app very inefficient. Even Touch ID would be an extra step, although not as bad as a pin code....

• Jan-Michael Kolodoski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very happy with this app, but frustrated that I have to enter a passcode AGAIN at the app level. The Apple native app and NO OTHER iOS email client require this redundancy (I.e. Device and app double passcode entry) if the Exchange passcode policy is set at the server level. I feel like I wasted my money on this app and will continue me quest for a replacement of the native email client. That is too bad. Boxer is such a good app otherwise.

• Christopher Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just paid for your app today and I have to say this is a deal breaker. I am upset that I wasted my money. Other exchange email apps don't have this requirement, so I will just have to use one of your competitors until this can be changed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base