How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Sanebox notification

Choose wether or not to receive a notification if a mail has been filtered by sanebox (ie : I don't want to be notified if I receive a spam email that goes directly into the sanebox folder)

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Damien ChatryDamien Chatry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephan PauxbergerStephan Pauxberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the problem is that for a short moment (unitl Sanebox kicks in) the mail resides in Inbox, so a simple short delay (say 5-10 seconds) after receiving the Push notification from the mail server, Boxer should check again, and only send a notification if the mail is still there.

• Marlo EvansMarlo Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well in the meantime I think I've found a workaround... I changed my Boxer notifications to only every 15 minutes instead of immediately... this gives Sanebox time to get new emails out of the Inbox and into @SaneLater, so that by the time Boxer sends me notification, it only sends me what's left in the Inbox (no notifications for @SaneLater emails!!!). This is good enough for me for now... although I still want the feature to be added! In Gmail I was able to get instant notification and still not be bothered by @SaneLater notifications!

• Marlo EvansMarlo Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For sure... if I have trained an email to automatically go to @SaneLater, I definitely don't want to receive notifications about those emails!!! I second Barry Nelson's comment--I was previously using Gmail IOS mail app with SaneBox and never had to think about it--never got notifications on @SaneLater emails! This is the ONLY thing I would change about Boxer... which is otherwise AMAZING!! But too many notifications can kill your soul!

• Barry NelsonBarry Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this Boxer is nearly useless with Sanebox which is ironic given that Boxer is the only app I've seen that integrates with Sanebox! I've switched to the Gmail app for the time being once I realized that one does not notify on filtered emails.

Feedback and Knowledge Base