How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Unread mail never refreshes, you have to open the inbox wait for refresh and then go back to unread to see the new item(s)

I waited and waited for a new email to show up, but when in unread mail it never refreshes ANYTHING AT ALL, however once I switched to the inbox it finally refreshed, found my new mail and I can see them now under unread.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Craig SCraig S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff ChristiansenJeff Christiansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this! This is (was) a major selling point of Boxer Pro, being able to see unread emails across multiple accounts. Having to toggle between inbox for 7 accounts to get them to show up in Unread is ridiculous.

• Marc ManzaMarc Manza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the same issue here. Switching from Unread to Inbox causes email to load but staying in Unread doesn't refresh even though notifications are coming in that new mail has arrived.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get the boxer notification of a new incoming mail. I click and it takes me to the emai, however I have to wait eternally till the email finish to download. So what I do is set it as unread again and come back later. In iPhone inbuilt app the new emails are downloaded almost at once. This happened under 4G and with my 100 Mb connection.
        It is really disappointing such a long wait. Please fix it.
        Tack

• Mick CollMick Coll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry to pitch in here on a negative vibe, but yes, syncing / refresh / push - whatever you want to call it, is terrible.

Every time I open the app I need to manually refresh my inbox and if seems to take an age for new emails to appear.

Could you update on this as I'm close to going back to the default mail app?

• Tyana OwingsTyana Owings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed I'll get a new message icon and open the app but unless I pull down on the inbox it doesn't show my new message. It's annoying to have to pull to sync every time when my app knows there's a new email because it gave me a notification.

• MortenMorten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same issues. Did a reboot of the phone, and everything has worked fine since...what promted me to do this was I wanted to set a custom notification sound. When I wanted to do that I got a message that I had to activate the function in system settings, something that was allready done. It is also worth mentioning that this was the first reboot after initital install of Boxer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base