How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Custom actions (using URL schemes)

The ability to add custom actions, ideally using URL schemes.

For example create a scheme to add an email to Pocket Informant as an event (one action) or a task (another action) using their URL schemes.

Simply allow each one a button in the actions box so they can be made quick to access.

I do this in Outlook on my work PC now, moving emails to events (hard landscaped requirement) and tasks (to do at some point) which is impossible in virtually every iOS email app I have tried.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew Forde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robin de Groot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the option to use an URL scheme to create a new e-mail to quickly create one via my Launcher widget in the notification center. I know only have the main URL scheme to open the Boxer app with accom.getbox.BoxerFree:// I have tried both accom.getbox.BoxerFree://create and accom.getbox.BoxerFree://new but those didn't work unfortunately.

• Karthik K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to open Facebook, linked in apps using URL schemes which are installed in my phone when I receive emails containing Facebook and linked in links instead of opening the web version.

Also this will go together of the existing feature that links these apps with
        Boxer

• Ben Whiting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • Charles Bucher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! At least having the integration like Dispatch for fantastical, due, omnifocus, instapaper. And hopefully Pinboard. But even better would be ability for user to specify custom actions. Either to act on links in an email or the email itself for some actions. This would make boxer not just a full featured iOS email app, but also the best email triage or inbox zero app on the App Store. Something like Drafts, how it let's you build actions. Maybe something simpler - but I really think enough users would favor this. And I'm positive it would bring several more new or partial users into the mix fully, because there's a healthy community of iOS geeks in url schemes, all looking for a better solution to email. Let's do this. Make boxer even more amazing!

Feedback and Knowledge Base