• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminBoxer Support (Admin, Boxer) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion! We built in the ability to easily mark a message as read or unread. More information on that can be found here: http://support.getboxer.com/knowledgebase/articles/317940-mark-as-read-or-unread

Unless we receive a large amount of feedback asking otherwise, we have no plans to implement a setting for this feature since we feel the unread/read action is a sufficient workaround. Thanks for your feedback!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just looking Boxer, and wouldn't use an email app that doesn't let me keep control of this. Seems like a quick enough feature to implement. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature. I often need to leave an email to reference another and I don't want to be distracted and forget about it. Please add this feature.

• Christopher Erk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need this feature. Opening a message does not mean that I read it, I would like to maintain control for this. I find myself often quickly previewing a message only to have to go back and mark it as unread.

• Pin Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A setting for this is crucial. A message opened doesnt mean that it is read. Mark message as read only when someone really read it. In this case, provide a feature to turn automatically mark as read off is important. For me, I prefer to mark message as read manually. It stay within my control.

Feedback and Knowledge Base