Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shahram Abbaszadeh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminBoxer Support (Admin, Boxer) responded  · 

We have added in a “back to Boxer” button so that when a link opens up in Chrome, you can easily move back to Boxer.

After much discussion, we have decided to not build a built-in browser for now. We may revisit this again later on.

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for me. Constantly leaving mail app to see content in external browser is slow and ends up leaving needless tabs open in the browser. For complex pages, the ability to switch to a full browser is there, but for most quick views of content, an internal browser, at least option, is a must have!

• Sam Avella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why you are so reluctant to add this capability. There are a number of other apps that have this feature and more, therefore I'm not sure what the issue is?

• Mark Albrechtsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A competitor for Boxer features an in-app browser so that links can be previewed with the option of opening the link in the external browser (Safari).

• clive Walden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prior iPad email App I used had a built in browser view so that when clicking on an item in an email:
        1. The web page came up in a single view without the distraction of all the open Safari tabs.
        2. A simple back button in the header bar too me straight back to email, where I left it.

• Michael Zamot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, pressing the button twice is too complicated?
        I mean, built in browser is useless! I prefer to open my links on the real browser.

• Katherine123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I am using a Ahsay software for backup.Ahsay Backup software is a robust cross-platform backup solution which allows businesses and managed backup service provider to backup virtual machines, databases and servers to local/mapped network drive, locally hosted backup server, or online backup server hosted in datacentre. I would like to suggest you to try this software, because its Free Thanks.

• Michel W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also very welcome an optional in-app browser. It's the only reason I'm still not using boxer.
        It's much faster to just check a link, instead of every time to change the apps.
        Please, for a coming version, ad a very simple integrated browser as an optional setting.

• Martin Letendre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revisit your decision and develop an in-app browser. This is the only reason why I keep using My Mail instead of Boxer. I leave Boxer installed crossing fingers that one day you will make an integrated browser.

Why not make one and put an option to make it possible to not use it for those who likes to loose time and use a real browser?

Keep up the good work!

• omnion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great not to get out from the app in order to see a web links.
        Very helpfully

• Chris Loomis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can understand the precious comments concerns however I would love to see an in app browser as it is much faster if you just need to briefly look at a link in an email. Switching between programs is a time consuming task at times. Maybe a good compromise would be an in app browser with an option setting to use another standard browser if you wanted to.

• Masari Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO! Please do NOT add an in App Browser. I stopped using Google's Gmail App and CloudMagic because of the built in browser!

The built in browsers are frustrating to use and none of them work as well or as fast as the stand alone browsers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base