How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Tag emails sent to Evernote

When emailing to your Evernote address, you can tag emails using the "#tag" syntax. But when filing to Evernote with Boxer, it appears that you can only send to a notebook, but not tag.

This forces users who don't base their entire Evernote structure on folders alone (difficult) to go back to Evernote later and tag filed emails. Which is inconvenient and contrary to Boxer's ethos.

So please add Evernote tagging functionality when filing to Evernote. Thanks!

209 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it really that difficult to do tagging? If CloudMagic can do it, you should be able to. Send some of your programmers to the annual Evernote Convention to pick up some tips on integrating with Evernote please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no tag option? Really is a pain when on the road trying to clear the inbox

• Patrik Olsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump!
    IT would be awesome if I could have options to send to Evernote and it automatically added tags and send to right folder.

• Michael Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not usable with Evernote until integration with tags. Need to look for another solution in the meantime.

• Adam Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And/or other general ability to combine actions. Several in the 3x3 square are irrelevant to me but it would be AWESOME if I could add one that combines two or more things your app already can do! Can't wait...

• Debi Billing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really, really hope this is considered soon! I'm disappointed that i don't see a notation from Boxer like I do on so many other feature requests. It seems this feature would be a given with the Evernote integration. Without it, it either requires forwarding to Evernote instead or a second step of tagging after it reaches Evernote...neither are desirable. I use the GTD method, as well and tagging is a critical part.

Yep. If your used to emailing Evernote with the #tag then the boxer evwrnote interface is next to useless as it just brings in double handling. I am sure it will come soon enough ;)

• GMail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially if we could add the ![when] tag which would also take care of the lack of synchronization between devices and making reminders available on devices that do not support Boxer.

I use the GTD model with evernote so I desperately need the ability to tag a new note with "1-Now" so that it shows up in my task list in evernote. Having the ability to add tags and select the notebook in the settings would be great also so you dont have to do it every time. (Obviously some users want to be able to select tags and notebooks each time so having a setting that lets you turn on automatic note creation would be good). Just swipe the email to add the new note to evernote automatically. Amazing to have this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base