How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

PGP encyption support

Boxer should have GPG/PGP encryption support. There's no ios mail app that does this.

297 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Axel Haustant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Android, you can make the app register to apg.
    It would be great!
    Fully integrated gpg is fine to me too.

• Chris Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to encrypt my mail for work, if you could include the functionality, it would be very much appreciated.

• S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I do use PGP heavily and would more than appreciate it. And as previously mentioned, you would be the first company ever to integrate this on iOS- you would get a lot of press for sure, but also expect a lot of scrutiny if it comes to reviewability/trust of your implementation. And I WOULD pay to get finally a workimg email program... Secure the secret key(s) with the touch ID in order to not having to type/paste it in all the time.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

S/MIME support please. Only the stock ios mail app offers this. I refuse to use any 3rd party email app until they support signing and encrypting email.

• Artem Pronchakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely want this. It's not very useful to write and sign/encrypt mail in one program and send it with another one. I would pay for this feature in boxer.

• John Yocum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PGP support would be great. I send/receive PGP encrypted email from my desktop daily, and would find it very convenient to be able to do the same on my phone.

• Dan Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur here, it should have both OpenPGP support AND s/mime support. Also during their implementation there should be some sort of settings menu from within the email composition window that allows the user to toggle which of these is enabled/disabled, in addition to default options available for these. Example: I have s/mime signatures set to automagically sign every email if a valid certificate is available. Then from within the email composition window there should be a toggle to disable the signature for that occurrence or to add encryption for an encrypt & sign message. Thanks! Keep up the good work.

• Stefan Lutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be nice. I already have OpenPGP encryption on my desktop system and that feature for boxer would close a gap and prohibit problems with email recipients.

Feedback and Knowledge Base