How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Increase Viewing Font Size

Would like the ability to control the font size for viewing messages (beyond the pinching zoom method).

261 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy von Gremp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please fix this! Its very annoying. It says "planned" since may 2014 - thats two years now. What is the status of this?

• James Wilcox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love boxer more than any other iOS mail app, but I can't see certain emails, which is the primary function of the app!

iOS mail has this solved and seems to enforce a minimum font size instead of zooming. Why is boxer still stuck with 4pt fonts or pinching then scrolling in all directions?

Okey, I read a lot of compleins but, after two years I dont see any solutions?! Has this problem been fixed 'cos i only got the app and I am having the same font issue.

Thanks
        New Android user.

• Paul Chua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been the biggest annoyance while using boxer. Switched most of my emails to Spark by Readdle (it's free plus I can READ all my emails) just that it is too kiddy looking for my work mail.

• Unni Krishnan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My iPhone 5S font size has suddenly become full size of the screen and I cannot
        do anything about it. How can i bring it back to normal ? it is now useless and
        many messages received cannot be read as each font is almost half the size of
        the total screen

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is brutal. Why you think it is acceptable is beyond me

• Erika Sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing that has me regularly checking the App Store for a replacement. I love Boxer, it has all the features I want, but what good is that if I can't read my email because the only available font size is 6pt? A constant annoyance in an otherwise perfect app. Sigh. Guess I have to keep looking unless Taskbox listens to its users on this issue. :(

• Sami Koivula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look to Outlook IOS app: it shows all mails in readable size. Boxer shows almost all mails in too small font and those are unreadable.

Please copy this outlook ios feature to Boxer.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a number one priority. If you can't read email an app is useless. I love everything about boxer, paid for the pro version, but hate the iPad experience!

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reading pane on iPad is unusably small (unless you enlarge the pane which is one more step). Other email clients are able to enlarge the font and photos (often re-wrapping the text) to make it viewable. This would be a great feature on Boxer.

• Dusan Matic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some would say that being able to read your email is fundamental - right?!? You can have the best app in the world but if you cant read your emails there is no point of using Boxer at all. If you look at Boxer and compare it to stock mail app, gmail, mailbox you will see that font is just way smaller. How do you even expect for people to use this great app if they dont have basic feature - reading email...It has been over a year since this has been requested and flagged as planned.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came back to Boxer with the new update. Font size is still tiny. Back to the stock mail app.

• Mike Whitman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to use Boxer but the text in some emails is just too small. It needs to be resized automatically and be able to use the entire screen for displaying email content. I don't need to see header information as I scroll down.

Bought your app for iOS and loved it right up to the point where I experienced this issue. Its with every single email I receive a reply to. Very impacting issue and no recommendations to friends or business contacts until its fixed. Please put this in your top priority list!

• talk2gms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app is fluid, but there should be a way to be able to assign text size for the different inbox, the size change only effects the email and not while viewing all the emails in the inbox, I want to able to make it compact or larger etc, similar to on gmail the ability to view emails differently on PC, comfortable,cozy, touch etc

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base