How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Ability to turn off inbox zero quotes

I don't want to share my inboxzero to anyone (not to Facebook and not to Twitter)! For me it looks cluttered. Is there maybe a way to opt not to display the share buttons? Or at least to put them hidden out of sight with need to scroll to access the share button?

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Could we do the following, please?

1. Just put "[Empty]" or "[No Messages]" in the left-hand message list when the inbox is empty instead of the silly Edison quote, the insincere "Congrats." message and the Facebook/Twitter links? Very irritating.

2. How about the ability to edit the contacts list directly from within the Boxer app? Even a link to open up the native Apple contacts app would be helpful.

3. There doesn't seem to be a way to save someone's email address from a received email message to a new or existing contact. Or have I missed something? Seriously deficient.

4. Can we have the option of which calendar format to use as the default? My preference is the Month view but it always starts in the Day view and I have to switch it every time I open it. Annoying, and so easily fixed.

Thanks
    Adrian

• Lindsay Standfast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if inbox zero actually looked like an empty inbox... There is no reason to want to tweet about it or go to Facebook... The quote is fine. Maybe just a little less conspicuous? The app is functional would just like a bit more elegance...

• Jonas Schlömer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think anybody cares that I have a zero in my inbox. Would be nice if it would be possible do deactivate Twitter and Facebook I don't want to see that.

• Bret Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone, seems very tacky and cheap, and I will never use it so it's just annoying

• Sam Levine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Inbox zero is tacky! Who really cares about sharing that they have no emails?! Even if I told my mom, the one person who is ALWAYS proud of me no matter what I do, that I had achieved inbox zero, she would not care.

• Maurice Grassau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inbox zero means empty and not full of clutter. Who really shares that they achieved inbox zero? Please remove clutter.

• Romain Lenglet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree with this request.
    Now I wonder... Why would it take more than a year to remove that garbage from the inbox zero page, or at least add an option to do so?

• Alan Reeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something like Mailbox, with nothing but a grey version of the Boxer logo, or even an image inside the Boxer logo, like Mailbox, would be simply perfect!

I actually emailed support about this a while back and their response was that most people like the inbox zero look as it is, with the quote and share buttons. I highly doubt that the majority of users prefer this cluttered look over what Mailbox has!

Getting to inbox zero should be a peaceful, stress relieving accopmishment, not something you dread. Please ditch the quote and share buttons asap.

• Kyle Garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just the ability to customize the zero inbox (or even just option to get rid of what is there by default) would be great. What's there now is just ugly and in the way

• Ryan Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Inbox Zero page is ugly, and no one wants to share that they got to inbox zero. At least not with a "share" button or any in-app button. Clean and simple please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost half a year. Any progress on this? It is very intrusive, makes the app look like the second-rate ad-supported stuff. Thank you.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this inboxzero?
    It is stopping me from looking back on my emails?
    How do I remove it?

• sirshannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I now keep a lingering email in my box just to keep from having facebook and twitter spam buttons there.

• macula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... Would you consider an option to have the quotations and the self-congratulatory social media buttons removed from the empty inbox view? Thank you.

• no names please commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, it doesn't look like a clean inbox with these 2 big buttons, an option to hide them (or put them somewhere else) would be great

Feedback and Knowledge Base