How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Display Gmail labels on messages in inbox

When emails have been labeled in gmail, there is no way to see that these emails have been labeled in boxer.
If you label from boxer, it displays fine, but not if you label from gmail (web)

So basically just display the labels on every tableViewCell.
(Kinda like Googles Gmail App)

294 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christophe Knage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sabine Stafford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I'm not adopting Boxer as my primary app. Yes, I can just archive and hope for the best, but I would like to not that the email had a label before I do so I don't have to go back and re-label if it didn't have it in the first place. What's the point of labels and automatic rules if I then have to guess if the label is there or not. Can we please get an update? Is this still going to happen?

• Reony Tonneyck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely look forward to this. I'm a very active YouTube user and I miss my emails getting filtered to a Social bundle (Inbox for Gmail app). Now I have to go to All Mail and search for "YouTube". I hope that this will also go for making a custom box, so I can go straight to Social label

• Filipe Dias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys!
        I'm using the free version of the app to test boxer as my email client, and this is the only thing separating me from using it 100% and go to the paid version.
        Is there any update on this? Is it expected to be released soon?

Thank you!

• Joan Lanzagorta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And you should just archive this e-mail and if it has a gmail automatic label, then it should be correctly archived with that label.

• Michele Ong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am able to reproduce this issue.

I have filters automatically labelling emails from Gmail. However these are not visible until I manually label the message inside Boxer itself. Once it's been done in Boxer, labels show up on the individual messages.

• Marcus Badach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This says in progress? Do we know how we will wait for this for iOS ? It really is a fundamental and not complicated.

I love boxer but cloud magic are about to roll this out and for me it is make or break.

• Grant McDaniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A year later and I don't see any labels attached to the messages in my inbox.

When will the color labels we have used in Gmail for years, be available in Boxer?

Who develops an email app for the masses and hasn't ALREADY accounted for such a feature from the get go. This isn't something that falls in an Agile "todo" category. This should've been in the first official release.

• Mark Bacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In fact, you just need to select your account from the 'Accounts' section in the sidebar. It then automatically refreshes them

• Mark Bacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking at this as being an issue but all I did was go into my account on Boxer and 'Reauthenticate' my account. As an extra touch I also selected my account from the sidebar to view the labels (don't know if that but is necessary) and all seems fine now

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Gmail user this is absolutely essential. Needs to get done.

• Ken Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this because I really don't want to label all 4000 of my messages all over again!

• Giuz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As soon as Gmail labels will be fully functional, I will load Boxer and give it a try again.
        #doitbetter

• Wim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a feature that does not get supported in the new version 5. So for this reason I do not still use boxer as standard.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like this and the gmail category labels there also. This is the only reason I don't use Boxer.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base