(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bram Hubbell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time suggestions are shown is far too short for me at least to switch from what I'm working on and read them. I don't see any place where the display length can be adjusted.

• Marina Epelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it is possible to use the Textexpander keyboard to activate snippets, it is not as good as the built in keyboard for longer typing, and so requires switching back and forth. Also, if you are using an external Bluetooth keyboard, this is not an option at all. Thus, built in support for TE snippets would be highly desirable.

• Michael McGrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature missing is Text Expander snippet support. TE syncs across devices and platforms and is more feature-rich with nested calls to snippets. It is for many users an essential part of workflow. This should be high on the feature priority list.
        MH McGrath

• Michael McGrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text Expander is essential. The reason TE support is superior to the built-in approach is that TE works across apps. One set of snippets to rule them all! Boxer becomes the NUMBER 1 PRODUCTIVITY EMAIL once you add TE support. The sooner the better. In the meantime, unfortunately, Dispatch wins. But Dispatch is inferior to Boxer in so many other ways. But lacking TE puts you in SECOND PLACE!

• Brandon Harter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see many people wanting textexpander support, what does that app offer that Keyboard Shortcuts in the settings app can't do?

• Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also trying to decide between boxer and dispatch. Boxer also app on ipad - 1 point - dispatch text expander and things supported - 2 points

• Cigno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Was surprised not to see this considering the people recommending the app (MacSparky and the like). Seriously, please add this soon!

• Jose Robles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's weird that almost no email app have textexpander support, including it will greatly increased productivity and set boxer apart from the crowd

• Esteban Umerez Argaia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I'm already a Boxee devotee. But textexpander support is that one big feature that it's lacking. It'd be so awesome. Thanks for the best mail app anyway.

This is a deal breaker! Dispatch is an iOS mail app that currently supports it, but apart from this one feature, I prefer everything else in Boxer.

• Charles Bucher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Everybody on earth will use Boxer if it supports TextExpander Touch! Including Fill-in snippets preferably. For instance, for school I email my professors and classmates often. I have to use an obnoxiously long subject line indicating course name and number, synonym, section number, and semester. It's a pain to memorize so I have TE snippets for all that. We need this!

Would be great. No iOS mail app is supporting this. My colleagues will use boxer if it supports text expander.

Feedback and Knowledge Base