How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Support for Exchange Categories

In Outlook you can add categories to your mail messages. In Boxer you can only currently move messages on Exchange, not label them. I would like labeling the message to assign it to a category on Exchange.

136 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Thomas Gilman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yury German commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am actually looking for an app that supports this now. I am using IPad Pro and this is a feature that I need to work with Mnil Tags on Mac.

• Jib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Categories (and being able to color by category in calendar) is gold. I currently use Touchdown as an email client (first day trying Boxer) on my android device because it has this feature.

I can see myself switching over permanently if this is in place!

• Damien Harper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    this would definitely be a killer and differentiating feature !
    categories are part of my email management

• Bobby Palta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exchange Category support on the Android app would be huge. I use Categories on MS Outlook but there is not one email client that supports this feature in a smartphone app. I paid the $15 for the Premium+Outlook version thinking that the "Labels" feature shown on the Google Play store applied to the MS Exchange version as well - which of course was wrong.

I am sure there is a very good technical reason why this is so difficult to do. But it would be a massive leg up for your product. The integration with Evernote is key...so it seems are on the forefront.

Please make this happen! Thx

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm commenting in support of this feature on android devices too...and especially for syncing contacts.
    Being able to categorize and cross-categorize contacts in outlook on a desktop is an amazingly efficient way to work (especially when you have thousands of contacts to keep organized) - so if it could transfer to Boxer either via exchange or via Office365 then that would be a great feature addition to Boxer.
    Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1000000. Allowing Exchange Categories and sorting (grouped) by categories will speed up email processing on the go. I use categories in processing my email on Outlook, a welcome change from dragging emails into folders. Actioning emails sorted by categories in one folder is also easier since we only need to scroll up and down instead of navigating to different folders. Please, please look at introducing this important feature. No one in the market currently does this. If Boxer implements it, you guys will win customers like me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature. I want to start categorising my inbox in desktop Outlook (Exchange) rather than moving messages to folders - I think it will make filing quicker and searching easier. If I could do the same in Boxer I'd be really pleased.

• Bill Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Categorizing emails is a big part of my email management. Sure would be nice to have that feature in Boxer.

• Karthik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, my company's email does integration with ios app exchange client. But it does it via installation of a profile download from the company so that I don't have to configure the IOS app manually and also authenticate it with that profile.

Can boxer be enhanced to use those profiles? Because currently, I can't use boxer for exchange server due to this

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    I use Categories extensively as part of my Outlook GTD impementation

Feedback and Knowledge Base