How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Exchange subfolder notifications

Currently, the badge app icon and sound notifications only seem to apply to the inbox. Is it possible for the icon and sounds to apply to subfolders we choose?

Essentially, please mimic iOS Mail features for subfolder push and notifications.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having push notifications for sub folders is a big benefit, please develop this in future versions.

Agreed, push notification on subfolders is a frequently requested feature in my company. If these requests are not addressed we might look at other apps that do have them like Nine.

• AnkurAnkur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boxer was a big upgrade, I especially like how the calendar will overlay other android calendars. However, sub-folder access is critical for organized work... please shift this out of "deferred"

Currently, the badge app icon and sound notifications only seem to apply to the inbox. Is it possible for the icon and sounds to apply to subfolders we choose?

Essentially, please mimic iOS Mail features for subfolder push and notifications

• Tony PerezTony Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to not be deferred. This is a huge deal in the Enterprise world. Our company may not use Boxer unless they get this enabled. It's a great program, but this is a huge hangup.

• L. H.L. H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat as these other users, I really like Boxer. It has so many great features, but it is unusable if I can't get subfolder notifications, or notifications from certain users.
        I get so many emails that I must sort into subfolders just to get my work done.

I see it's been two years since people have been requesting this feature. I'll have to switch to a different app that has this functionality.

• AndersAnders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey John
        Have you found another mail app that can give notification on subfolders?

• Josh MarstonJosh Marston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I love boxer, love the interface and gesture support, pretty much love everything about it. But unfortunately, I have a lot of filtering set up to file incoming mail into different folders, and if I can't get a push notification when an item hits one of those folders, then I can't really actually use boxer as my functional email app.

• MaxMax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is a game changer for me. I would like to be notified not only when I receive a new email in my inbox but also when I have something unread in the subfolders

Feedback and Knowledge Base