How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Choosing default folders for trash, sent...

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For IMAP mailboxes, one should be able to prevent Boxer from uploading a copy of sent messages to the designated sent folder a.k.a disable copying to the sent folder. Some providers do this on the server side (SMTP server places copy in sent folder) thus speeding up sending considerably, because the IMAP client only connects to SMTP to send and doesn't have to upload another copy to the sent folder via IMAP.

• Alex Kampl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should really be able to set where deleted email goes. The apple stock email app allows that and so do many others.

• Henrique Andrade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very important to solve this problem, because it has no sense to create a lot of folders in every device that I need the IMAP email configured.

• Tammy Zink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal-breaker. I can't have every email program creating it's own folders all over my server. Why would they defer this update? Otherwise a great app, but I must delete.

• Robert Koll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needed. The default Folders Need to ne editable. Since there's no desktop-client, for example, you have to use another client, that creates it's own structure that boxer doesn't support

• Zerafinchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revoke the 'deferred' status...
        This is an important feature for the majority of mail-app users!
        /push

• Doug Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Charlie says, my IMAP accounts have different Sent folders, and so using Boxer to send emails creates confusion by putting sent messages in a different folder. If I could change where Sent/Trash mail went, it would make things easier.

• Thomas Ganter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to hunt in my nested 200+ messages list to find the one in which boxer filed my sent emails. Spooky -- definitely need option to change this!

• Ralf Bisges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm even unable to delete messages from my German GMX account because Boxer doesn't understand about the different Trash folder

• Elaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important for people who are using anything other than Gmail. Some services use "Sent"; others "Sent Mail". Some us "Spam", "Junk", etc. Just let us choose whichever of our iMap folders we want for each of the standard functions: Sent, Trash, Spam, Archive.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base