How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Push email support for all

Ability for all accounts inc exchange server to have immediate push from server of new emails rather than the current polling method.

2,197 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

197 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Probably the best e-mail client available except without push support (on all types of e-mail account) it's a complete non-starter & worthless.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the look & feel of Boxer but seriously it needs push to contend with other mail apps. It's pretty useless to me without it. Please add it!

Push is a very important feature for business purpose. Having the ability to get instant message for Exchange sever is a must-have thing in my perspective and people can turn off it if they like but such a flexibility is highly appreciated. How much votes we should collectively push for until an action can be made?

• Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything happening on this ?
        It's a great client but I can't use it without push from my own IMAP account (i.e. not of these MS/Yahoo/Apple accounts).

Even running the app regularly iOS still runs Boxer rarely enough for the solution to be useless (not VMWare's fault, just the app needs push).

Update on timescale estimates would be great (even though timescales can always change)

• Peter Bladen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The push notifications from office 365 seem to be very inconsistent and does look like it's actually doing a fetch most of the time although it is setup as a push

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the app but must have push for exchange ability or it is not worth continuing with.

• HEMI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the Push? We are using smart phones, and how the Boxer work - it's really not smart.

• Rajnish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wonder why we need a vote option for this. Exchange any day need push notification. I won't be notified unless i don't open the app. This does not make any sense.

I agree, we use this for out business delivery drivers and the fact that notifications don't immediately come through is causing delays and we have had to revert to using the native mail app.

• Anne DeBlois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MUST HAVE: Ability for exchange server accounts to have immediate push from server of new emails rather than the current polling method.

• Andrew Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add push for exchange accounts, then for iCloud accounts. This should be a must especially for the exchange accounts at businesses use this in correlation with airwatch!!!

• Gregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great app and would continue to use if it wasn't for the lack of push. Disappointing.

• Dan O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think the vast majority of Boxer users are using Boxer to connect to corporate Exchange accounts, so push notifications for Exchange should be the priority. Please add!

Please fix the push notification issues for exchange - much needed. An absolute essential for an email app.

• Thamir Ghaslan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years under plan? What is the hold up? The interface is a lot better than iOS built in Mail but without push this tool is useless for our corporate accounts.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base