How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Click on email address and add to contacts

Lots of business contacts where I get emails from new contacts. Need ability to add them to gmail contacts.

567 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chad Lewis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anoop Jalan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Native mail on iOS also parses signatures and let's you add additional information. It will see if the signature is different from your contact or if the contact exists and easily let you add it. This is awesome and I find myself leaving Boxer to open an email in the native app to do this.

• Alan McNeill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this is planned, what would make this awesome is tweaking what's already there! When in an email, touching the sender profile or pic shows the power already in boxer - it shows images, contact details and all email addresses for that contact so how about a simple button to update/import details. For power/business users this would be a no brainier at almost any cost.

• Rcpagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature too. But it would have to be a on demand process, not automatically add every sender to contacts

• John Lasiter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's totally lame you cannot add to address book. It's a BASIC function of an email client! You can't take Boxer seriously until it can perform this very basic function.

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boxer should really move a bit quicker on this. I want to move 100% completely onto boxer and away from the GMail app but how can I do this without being able to add new contacts when I'm out and about?!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loving Boxer but stunned I cannot add to address book. May go back to Gmail client. <sigh>

• Jin Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some options here:
        1. Sync with device contact list and online email account contact list.
        2. Save all unique incoming and outgoing email addresses. May be refine to saving only those emails replied to or manually added.

All of the above should be a enable/disable toggle for better user experience.

• Grant Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must be able to add a new contact and update an existing contact to the native iphone contact list.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have. Very hard to believe this isn't number 1 priority.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base