How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

VIP Notifications

When I get an email from my vice president, I want/need to know about it right away. On the other hand, I do not want to know when Joe Schmo sends me an email. One thing the default iPhone mail app got right was the ability to have notifications for a subset of contacts.

I love Boxer, but this is keeping me from using it as my sole iPhone mail app.

275 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    deferred  ·  AdminBoxer Support (Admin, Boxer) responded  · 

After discussing this heavily internally, we have decided to defer the VIP notifications for the moment. This capability requires quite a bit of time and resources to do it correctly, and we are not yet prepared to tackle it. We will re-open this one and consider it again in the future. Thanks for your feedback on it!

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also disappointed there is no support for VIP or any other customized notifications. Will most likely have to look at other email options

• Jake North commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

too bad this was deferred. in these days where everyone gets hundreds, or even thousands, of daily emails, filtering notifications is critical. Without it, it's a significant battery drain and never-ending distraction.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also interested in a VIP setting since I use a smart watch and only want VIP mail notifications sent to it.

• Meredith Sweet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. I also use the VIP feature in Mail to catch those messages that get put into Folders, but which Boxer sometimes mysteriously doesn't show the current messages for. I know they're in the folders because they show up there in my Mac's Mail.app, but Boxer won't see them--so the VIP method for the complex email address works best.

• Zerafinchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please integrate this feature... To see that the status of this request is 'deferred' is very disappointing :(

• Donavon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list of disappointed users knowing that this has been deferred. I don't want an email from Groupon to alert me but I do want an email from my boss or wife to alert me.

Here's hoping this gets put back on the table sooner rather than later.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too bad. That keeps me and about 10 people I work with from being to use this as our default app.

• Debi Billing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! This is why I keep using the default mail app, too. I've stated this in other comments, but I'm surprised any app trying to compete with the default mail app doesn't include all of the functionality of the default app. To me, that should be a given.

• Carin B Krasno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! This is a great feature in Apple's mail program. Would love to see it in Boxer.
        Hoping you can find a way to add the option of VIP contacts to show up when screen is in "lock mode"

• Richard Eagles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd prefer this in reverse. Teach non-essential emails to go into smart folders, leaving the important emails in my inbox. I receive important new business emails from new contacts that I can't foresee so the VIP box wouldn't work in this case as I wouldn't see them in the VIP box

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base