How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Add option to remove avatars

Displaying an initial or photo next to each message wastes space and is a visual distraction. I'd love to use Boxer but can't get past this feature.

625 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree! avatar is obstructing valuable screen place and distracting, please give an option to switch off.
    brgds Bernd

• Vlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to have an option to turn off avatars. Those who like them can keep them. I can't stand them and I'd love to remove them.

• Joe Southall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, my company would also like the ability to disable the avatar. It takes up some of the limited space available.

• Shiv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed the avatar is very annoying. Switching back to outlook app because the inbox is cleaner, no oversized initials that actually hurt the eyes

• Dan Gagliardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Phone space is a premium. Completely agree that this should be an option and can be removed if that is the preference.

The avatar is keeping me from making this my default mail app

• Yuri Jose Perdomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason I like this app is because of the avatars. For those that would like to get rid of them, the option to remove would work for them. Please do not remove them altogether.

• John Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The huge icon ( Dave sends me an emails and the HUGE D next to the message) or badge is soooo annoying and takes up too much room. Can we please have option to turn off, takes up 1/4 of the space.

• Ditzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So there's no way to get rid of the avatar or even a message bored you didn't mean to create ? Lol

• Danny Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed Boxer (for Android) and it looks like a children's app with all these big colored dots down the left-hand column. Please provide a setting to remove these. Until then, I'll use something else.

• mfo136 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give an option to get rid of the big color blocks. I refuse to use this app because of that, so I still use EE, but I actually have both.. This is a business app - it shouldn't be all color **** for kids!

• Pixelrogue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While possibly helpful for some, too much noise and distraction by all the left hand column icons and images. Please provide a toggle to disable in the settings.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boxer is no longer getting a look from me anymore. Airmail for iOS just dropped and includes the option of hiding avatars in the conversation view in version 1.0. It's much nicer looking, tons of more customization options, and in my experience with the desktop app has much more responsive support. See ya, Boxer!

• Juergen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One reason for remaining cautious with this company is that nothing happend regarding this issue for more than 1,5 years.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base