How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Capability to defer ("snooze") emails to a later date/time.

975 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Malloy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought setting a message to "ToDo" was your version of snooze. It even asks for a due date. Turns out not only does the message not automatically return to the inbox, I can't even open the message in the ToDo folder to see what date (priority or assignee) I put on it! So what's the point of assigning a due date???

If I could at least see the deadline, and sort the ToDo messages by that date I could at least manually return them to my inbox.

would have kept boxer but without snooze i will be using "spark" basically the same thing as "mailbox"

• Vin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years for researching?? last update was 3 months ago, nothing new in a $4.99 usd app!

• Dom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snoozing is the only thing standing in the way of me purchasing Boxer

• Hank Obermayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched from mailbox. While I like the features of boxer, snoozing emails was a feature of mailbox that I used all the time. This would be a super helpful feature.

After closing a Mailbox project I'm searching for another Email App.
    Boxer is okay, but it hasnt Snooze functionality at all!! This is a pity, guys ^(
    I think that is absolutely must-have feature for email application nowadays.

PS as alternative you can at least add notifications for To-Do's. Its not the same, but similar.

• Anton Korteweg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When do you expect to have snooze functionality? Airmail just launched its Iphone app and actually does have it. Boxer customers might walk away to Airmail if there is no rough release date shared...

• Anton Korteweg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When do you expect to have snooze functionality? Airmail just launched its Iphone app and actually does have it. Boxer customers might walk away to Airmail if there is no rough release date shared...

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. Looking for a Mailbox alternative for Android and for me the snooze is absolutely essential! It would tip the scales for me, because apart from this I'm a pretty big fan! :D

• Robin de Groot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree with Nathan. It are too many steps to set the snooze /To Do feature.
    The snooze feature should be easy to set to e.g.
    - snooze to tonight (and then set somewhere in the setttings that tonight for you is 20.00CET)
    - snooze to desktop (when this available, this was such an amazing Mailbox feature)

• Nathan Gugliotta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a better Snooze feature. It's the only major issue with the add but boy is it a huge one!!

To Do doesn't come anywhere close in easy of use, clarity, or functionality. We absolutely must have this feature!!

• Nathan Gugliotta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I Love the design ethos of the product and the swipe gesture implementation! It's the best out there since Mailbox.

It strike me as odd, though, that a swipe gesture requires so many interface steps/clicks to become actionable. If I gesture to move, i am faced with a list of all of my folders. When I click on the folder I want It simply sends it on its way.

However, To Do needs to act more like a Snooze feature or the move feature. I gesture to "To Do," then I have three otpions - Set Due Date," "Add Priority," and "Add Assignee." I click "Set Due Date." Then I have to click "today," "tomorrow," "this week," "next week," or "specific date." I click "tomorrow" and I'm bumped back to this initial "Details" menu, and I have to click the check box to confirm this action.

Far, far, too many steps. TBH this is the only flaw in an otherwise incredible email product. It's such a judge and fundamental flaw, though. The app could easily be "best in class" if you rebuild the To Do feature to act as a genuine Snooze functionality — in 2016 I think the lack of a good Snooze feature is a fundamental deal breaker.

• Reony Tonneyck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one feature that CloudMagic and Outlook and Inbox for Gmail has above Boxer. I paid $5 for this app and I want to see this implemented! Thank you!

Snoozing is the one feature that I would love to see in Boxer. Things like e-tickets and meeting notes are made so much more convenient with this feature.

• Andy Baldwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be a great time to add snooze as mailbox closes very soon, and I along with I suspect many others will head to you!!

• Pat D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also from mailbox. This is a great app glad I found it but I do miss the snooze feature that brings emails back to the inbox at a certain time.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base