How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Need POP3

Please provide pop3 support for receive and send. I don't care about moving to folders or archiving. I simple need to see if I received an email. In fact, I don't want Boxer to manipulate anything on the pop3 server because I use my main PC for POP3 email management. If Boxer wants to replace the default iOS email client then it should at least match everything it does.

251 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ross Cumming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people, like me, use POP3 to provide a window to their most recent e-mails which they manage on another PC. They typically just read the most recent batch of e-mails from the server and don't delete anything from it. It provides a simple lightweight e-mail portability without affecting their main e-mail system. IMAP is too integrated and complicated for this simple requirement.

• Petrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it accepts POP3 accounts you expect functionality. To set it all up and then find that despite creating folders they fail to appear when you need to move emails to them is frustrsting to say the least. Would appreciated knowing that from the start to save time.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will pop account functionality be added to BoxerPro? I recently moved from CloudMagic to your app and need to have access to POP email accounts. If not forthcoming how do I go about organising a refund for the Pro app? Many thanks

• Byron Roye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really surprised, really surprised that this product doesn't have POP support. And it caused me great embarrassment with my email/ISP provider. I thought it was them. Please in order to save face you must have this address as soon as possible. Thanks.

• Doris Hou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had paid for boxer email APP but found i cannot connect to my provider that needs a pop for coming mail.
    Please add the option for us. Thank you very much.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that there is a plead for POP 3 email support since 2014, so, it seems to me that you don't know how to integrate it with the program. If I am wrong, then tell me why this has been disregarded for so long.

Boxer is not fully functional if it doesn't at least Intergrate with IMAP, POP3, and Exchange.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an earthlink personal account (and so do millions). Earthlink doesn't provide IMAP, only POP3, and it's fine with me.

• Michael Min commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+! for pop3 support please. I have several legacy accounts and some administrative accounts that still use pop3 emails for notifications.

thanks!

• Michael Min commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+! for pop3 support please. I have several legacy accounts and some administrative accounts that still use pop3 emails for notifications.

thanks!

• Alonso Oviedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yessss! Please add POP accounts! I have 3 emails from GoDaddy and need Boxer for them! Please please please!!!

• Mr POP3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

POP3 please ... I only need it to be able to respond from a POP3 account. No need to move files between folder or archiving functionality.

Yes POP3, IMAP SMTP IS a Must! So sad i have to use a Different Plattform otherwise.

• Francois Croteau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Mike that Boxer should provide pop3 support. Personnally, I want to be able to receive my mails into my iphone or ipad using BOXER, but I also want to leave those emails on the server because i use my PC to receice all my mails and organixe them ther (deleting some, moving some to my own folders, etc). I want all my emails to be in the same place on my PC (dot distributed around). POP allows to specify to leave emails on the server. IMAP does not. Please allow POP configuration for emails accounts in BOXER.

• John S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like pop 3 or outlook exchange 2003 support. my company uses ancient tech. that's all i can get to email with. no imap etc.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base