How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

It would be cool if "archive email" could be assigned to a folder of your choice

I put all my emails that I've received in a yearly archive folder, so for example currently its !2014 , and I can choose this with the "move" action, however setting the "archive" behavior to use that folder would save me a tap after swiping.

129 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Grant Davies shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • maen.abbasi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the user the ability to map his IMAP folders exactly like apple ios ot previous android systems

• Ralf Bisges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed for one of my mail providers. As long as I can't define the trash folder, I'm unable to delete mails

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this request:

"This request is a subset of another existing feature request, to allow the user to designate which iMap folder is used for each of the standard functions: Sent, Trash, Draft, Archive, Spam, etc. So while I support this feature request I would prefer it be generalized."

I use different types of mailboxes (IMAP, EXCHANGE and GOOGLEMAIL) for business and private E-Mails, so i would like to individually define the specific folders for each Mailaccount as mentioned above.

At the moment, i have 2 different "foldersetups" for my client-App (Airmail) and the iOS-Device which makes it a bit different to reach "inboxZERO" due to a folder chaos concerning especially "Archive" and "ToDo"-Function in both apps ;-)

• Austin Kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just use the "Archive" folder for the current year, and then at the end of each year create a yearly archive folder for the year that just ended and empty the "Archive" folder into there? However, I do agree with the comments below that it would be great to customize where Boxer sends emails when you choose Archive, Spam, etc.

• Elaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request is a subset of another existing feature request, to allow the user to designate which iMap folder is used for each of the standard functions: Sent, Trash, Draft, Archive, Spam, etc. So while I support this feature request I would prefer it be generalized.

Feedback and Knowledge Base