How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Have push notification for "To Do" items on the date they are due.

If you have an item flagged as due tomorrow. At a set time tomorrow, boxer would either push notify you that you have a to do item flagged and due OR resend the email into your inbox similar to the Mailbox application for gmail.

942 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Ng shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it seems that the development of the app is almost dead :( more than 3 months w/o updates it's a shame because it has all the premises to do well, overall after mailbox's death and they still charge $4.99 usd

• Adam Fish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! With Mailbox shutting down this is a great opportunity to capitalize on users seeking an alternative.

• Simeon K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this feature going to be implemented any time soon? It would be really valuable to swipe on an email and set a date (for example: tomorrow, this weekend, next week) and then it pops back into your email on the date that it was set, just like the Mailbox for email app

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the to do option, but HATE that when I set a date for the "to do" to be completed it doesn't jump back in my inbox or alert me. This makes the "to do" function almost un usable for me. The program should alert you when your "to do" comes due! Please add this function! Thanks!

• Noel Slevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be really helpful, as I don't (and probably won't ever) think to check the to-do folder. I just want the email to appear back in my inbox on the relevant date.

Is this being looked at? The todo function is pointless without the email returning to your inbox when the time is up ;(

• Jon Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical for me, and apparently for many others as well. It looks like this has been Planned for almost two years now. Any ETA on this? The app is nice, but this is the one shortfall that keeps me from being able to stick with Boxer.

• Marsha Iddings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inbox for gmail allows you to set TIME and date for to do items and then when they come due they automatically pop back into your inbox. It's too easy to forget what is in the to do list.

• Maxim Abrossimow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pushing this! It would be great to have a simple reminder.
    What are the options you have trouble deciding on? Here are a lot of people who could help with that.. ;)

Moving he mail back from TODO to inbox is a good idea. I would strongly urge you to integrate with the IOS Reminders app as that has integration with a number of calendar apps and Exchange back ends, making Boxer more interoperable with other applications. Integration is preferable than inventing yet another reminder system for mail. Evernote reminders would also be a great addition to your current Evernote integration.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

awesome idea. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what does happen when I put a due date on an email; specifically an outgoing email.

Boxer is pretty much useless for me if I have to remember to find my emails filed as to-do. This proposed feature is essential.

• SM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most important "to be" features, thanks.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base