How can we improve Boxer for iOS?

Mail to keep offline - selectable timeframe

It would be good to select a timeframe for e-mails to keep on your device. For example, I'm over 1GB used space for the iOS app because all my mail is kept offline. If I could choose to keep offline only e-mails from the last X months (and the older ones could be deleted from my device, but still searchable when online) it would be perfect.

Basically the same as you can do with Outlook, select to keep offline mail from 1/3/6/12/24 months or all e-mails.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcelo CostaMarcelo Costa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Boxer SupportAdminBoxer Support (Admin, Boxer) responded  · 

We have now implemented the ability to clear the cache (option is in settings), which will remove old emails and other items from memory that are no longer needed.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen MadeiskyStephen Madeisky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With iPad Pro pushing into the business space, if Boxer could offer offline email, it would make the solution the clear choice for Enterprise too on these devices.

• Raul  BarreraRaul Barrera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to manage email offline?
        I have not found a setting that would let me do emails while i am traveling without internet access.

• Drew DixonDrew Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering if there are any plans for managing Boxer emails offline. As a business tool, offline access is very important when traveling. At the moment it is a little bit random what we see in the emails when offline.

Feedback and Knowledge Base